You need a wireless router to connect to the NAO for the first time and to set up a wireless connection in NAO. The steps are as follows.
CONNECTING TO THE NAO
Installation of three software from the CD
Mandatory Step (Before a wireless connection is set up):
· You need to connect NAO to a wired connection in order to set up a wireless connection.
· Connect the NAO robot to a port on the router and your laptop on another port.
· Turn the robot on.
· Press the center button. If the robot is connected, it will say an IP address.
· Open the web browser and type the IP address
· A login page will be displayed. Use “nao” for both the username and password.
· Alternatively you can use “bonjour” app that comes with safari (MAC) to connect to nao (open safari -> bookmarks -> show all book marks and click on “bonjour” in the left pane)
· Once wired connection is setup, you can click on the network tab to setup a wireless connection.
· The next time NAO automatically connects to the known wireless connection.